The Society supports the beautiful old town of Lyme Regis by:
- Assisting the Town Council with projects to enhance the town
- Commenting on proposed developments to ensure they respect the natural and architectural beauty of the town
- Educating people about the town, its heritage and its environs through talks, newsletters and booklets.
- Monitoring country footpaths around the town and reporting problems to the appropriate councils
- Trying to protect trees within the town from unnecessary lopping or felling
- Being involved with LymeForward to help with the town’s development
The charitable objects of the Society are to safeguard the natural and architectural beauty of Lyme Regis and its neighbourhood, in accordance with its civic requirements, and to promote interest in its cultural and historical associations.
The Society is a registered with the Charity Commission (No. 261281), is affiliated to the Campaign to Protect Rural England and is a member of the Association of Historic Small Villages and Towns.
Patron – Sir Ghillean Prance
President – Keith Shaw
Chairperson – Heather Britton